Our Legal Practice
The Bagert Law Firm is known in New Orleans and throughout Louisiana for the results we achieve for our clients. As successful trial attorneys, we are equally skilled in resolving disputes outside of court. In addition, we advise clients about steps they can take to protect their interests and avoid potential legal disputes.
- Business law overview: The attorneys of The Bagert Law Firm have provided sound counsel and representation to businesses for more than 100 years. Whether you need an aggressive business litigation attorney or a lawyer to help launch a new commercial venture, we can help.
- Business dissolution: We will explore the options for ending your participation in a business and recommend the path that best protects your interests.
- Contracts: Our lawyers draft, review and help you enforce a wide range of contracts such as sales, building contracts, leases, and non-compete agreements.
- Wills & estates: We help you plan for the future by drafting sound estate planning documents. We also represent clients in the transfer of assets after a loved one has died.
- Elder law: We are familiar with legal issues that affect people in their later years and that concern people who contend with disabilities. We can help with development of successful asset preservation and distribution strategies by drafting documents such as powers of attorney, living wills, and special needs trusts for those with disabilities.
- Administrative law: We represent clients in interactions with state and federal regulatory authorities, including licensing authorities. When necessary, we take governmental agencies to court and strive to get their decisions overturned.
- Criminal defense: If you have been charged with a crime, a strong criminal defense New Orleans attorney can make a great difference.
- Federal criminal & conspiracy defense: Federal charges have extremely serious consequences. Don’t face the risks of a grand jury investigation and prosecution without a strong attorney on your side.
- White collar crime: We have successfully represented clients accused of various types of fraud, embezzlement and other white collar crimes.
- DUI/DWI: Our attorneys will defend you against criminal charges and fight to protect your driver’s license. We frequently represent people from out of state who are charged with DWI in Louisiana.
- Drug crimes: In every drug-related case, our experienced drug crimes lawyer carefully examines the facts to determine whether the evidence against you was obtained unlawfully. We have often prevented the use of evidence in court that was illegally obtained.
- Car and truck accidents: If you have been seriously injured through another’s negligence, we will work to see that you obtain fair compensation for the damages you have suffered.
- Insurance claims: We will help you file your insurance claim and prove your losses. If your insurer fails to pay a valid claim, we may advise you to file an insurance bad faith lawsuit.
- Real estate law: Our firm has a long history of success representing clients in real estate disputes.
- Construction law: Our wide ranging legal services include: negotiating and drafting construction contracts and assisting with permitting, regulatory, and compliance issues. We can help owners guard against and remove building liens and we also enforce them. We also assist our clients in construction defect litigation.
To discuss your legal concern with a member of our firm, please contact our office at your earliest convenience. We look forward to the opportunity to be of service.