Our Criminal Defense Practice
Many of our victories are the ones no one ever hears about: the many instances in which The Bagert Law Firm has succeeded in convincing the government to conclude an investigation without bringing charges against the firm’s clients.
If you are under investigation or have been accused of any crime, the two most important things you can do to influence a favorable outcome are:
- Keep quiet. Do not talk to the police. Do not discuss the case with anyone, including friends and family members.
- Call a lawyer. Contact an experienced criminal defense attorney who will fight to protect your rights, your future, and your freedom. Call The Bagert Law Firm toll free at (866) 864-9695.
People who have had experience with effective criminal lawyers often engage us to represent them. We have defended FBI agents and local policemen who have been charged in criminal cases. We frequently represent lawyers and their family members.
Clients who contact our firm when they first learn that they are under investigation improve their chances of a favorable outcome. As soon as we are engaged, we monitor the government´s investigation and often conduct our own investigation in order to gather and preserve favorable evidence.
Our criminal defense lawyers have been protecting the rights of clients in New Orleans and throughout southeast Louisiana for decades. We focus our criminal defense practice on the following areas:
- Federal and conspiracy defense: Federal offenses often involve long periods of investigation that make them challenging to defend. Not every law firm is up to the task. Our criminal defense lawyers have the knowledge and years of experience to defend clients in such matters.
- White collar crime: We have defended clients charged with white collar crimes such as embezzlement, fraud, conspiracy, currency transaction violations, and political corruption.
- DUI/DWI: Even a first offense can result in incarceration, fines and loss of your driving privileges. Our criminal defense attorneys will work to minimize the negative consequences of a drunk driving arrest. We frequently represent clients visiting New Orleans from out of town or out of state.
- Drug crimes: Whether you were arrested for possession of marijuana or for trafficking in heroin, we will protect your rights as we pursue the most positive resolution possible in your case.
- Internet crimes: We defend clients who have been accused of illegally downloading forbidden materials from internet sites or of using the internet for improper solicitations.
- Federal sentencing guidelines: Advocating effectively for clients facing federal sentencing requires that the lawyers of The Bagert Law Firm keep abreast of developments in sentencing case law. We strive to formulate creative ways to achieve the most favorable sentences possible. Often our clients obtained probationary sentences, home detention, or community confinement.
- State court sentencing: In state court proceedings clients of The Bagert Law Firm often benefit from outcomes that do involve incarceration. These include “nolle prosequi,” pre-indictment diversion, post indictment probation without the imposition of a criminal sentence, and traditional suspended sentences. When our clients face collateral civil consequences that stem from related criminal matters, we attempt to resolve criminal matters in a fashion that minimizes the impact of such civil consequences.
The right attorney can make all the difference. To arrange a consultation about your case, please contact us as soon as possible.