About the Firm
Distinguished New Orleans Law Firm Achieves Exceptional Results
Accomplished Louisiana attorneys provide strong guidance to clients
Although we are a government of “laws and not men,” it is men and women — judges, juries and public officials — who are entrusted with the responsibility of upholding the law. A law firm that truly maximizes business and personal opportunities for its clients blends knowledge of legal standards with an intricate understanding of key decision makers. At The Bagert Law Firm in New Orleans, our years of experience in government service, private practice and community causes have sharpened our ability to advocate for business and individual clients. For more than a century, we have provided excellent representation in practice areas including business law, estate planning, administrative law and white collar criminal defense. If you are seeking experienced legal counsel, we will give you comprehensive support and unparalleled service.
Skillful lawyers handle business, government and estate matters
Building on a legacy dating back to 1904, our firm is committed to providing clients with exceptional representation for many different challenges. We are consistently rated among the Top Lawyers in the New Orleans area
because of our:
- Established credibility — You can rely on the fact that professional colleagues and government leaders respect our work. Attorney Bernard J. Bagert, Jr. has earned an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, a recognition of his legal ability and ethics by attorneys familiar with his work.
- Deep legal knowledge — As a longtime state legislator, lead author of the Louisiana Evidence Code, and a leader within the legal community, Mr. Bagert has extensive knowledge of relevant laws and their practical application.
- Connection with clients — We work closely with clients to develop a thorough understanding of their circumstances and objectives. From there, our firm develops a strategy designed to achieve those goals completely and efficiently.
- Ability to identify opportunities and risks — Our background and unique perspective, gained from decades of work in various legal capacities, help us to identify opportunities and pitfalls that others might miss.
We are confident that in your first meeting, you will recognize why we have served as a trusted partner to Louisiana residents and businesses for more than a century.
Areas of Practice
Proven advocates litigate commercial and white collar defense cases
Throughout Southern Louisiana, our firm assists clients in various legal practice areas, including:
- Business law — For advice on formation, transactions or potential litigation, our business law attorneys are a trusted resource for small and large operations.
- White collar crime defense — In white collar crime cases involving alleged embezzlement and fraud, we have won successful resolutions for our clients.
- Wills and estates — Our firm prepares wills, trusts and other estate planning instruments to protect and transfer assets effectively. We also handle succession matters after a family member has died.
- Administrative law — For administrative law issues such as licensing and regulatory concerns, our skills and experience give clients an advantage when dealing with government authorities. This includes assistance with advisory matters, communications with officials and proceedings seeking government action or relief.
No matter what your particular legal challenge entails, our lawyers and staff are determined to resolve your issue as promptly and successfully as possible while giving you the personal attention you deserve.
Contact an accomplished Louisiana attorney to schedule a meeting.
The Bagert Law Firm represents clients in Louisiana legal matters relating to business law, government relations, white collar defense and estate planning. Please call 504-523-1117 or contact us online
to schedule an appointment at our New Orleans office, located in the Poydras Center.